Applying for the Postgraduate Diploma in KISM
Step 1: Make sure that you meet the minimum entry requirements.
- Minimum academic qualification at NQF level 7.
- Appropriate and sufficient work experience.
(These are minimum requirements. For a fuller explanation refer to the Entry Requirements section.)
Step 2: Gather the supporting documents you will need for your application:
- scanned copies of your degree certificates
- scanned copy of your study record showing your academic results
Step 3: Complete the electronic application online (be sure to select the correct programme). South African applicants have to pay ZAR100 non-refundable application fee. International applicants are exempt from this.
Deadline: Applications need to be complete by the following dates.
- 30 September: Applicants holding non-South African degrees.
- 30 November: Applicants with South African degrees.
Applying for the M.Phil in IKM
Refer to the entry requirements: The M.Phil (Information and Knowledge Management) requires programme specific coursework background. In other words, you have to hold either the B.Phil (IKM) or the Postgraduate Diploma (KISM). In addition a viable research proposal is required.
Procedure: Send an email to our admin team with your old student number to express your interest and to receive instructions about the research proposal and application process.
Deadline: 30 September.